Responding with solidarityDuring the COVID19 crisis, all the activity from the sector was rightly put on hold to mitigate the worst of the coronavirus spread, keeping customers and staff out of the social venues where they may have been at risk of catching the coronavirus.
During the lockdown, people were not able to socialise and connect in person.
Things moved quickly:
- Some breweries switched from making beer to making hand sanitiser.
- Support was given in solidarity to front-line staff, those working to keep us safe.
- Research knowledge and resources were shared with those working to find cures, treatment and preventions
- Voucher schemes were quickly set up by brewers to allow consumers to pay forward, for the beer they would consume when the bars would reopen, but providing much needed liquidity to the bars there and then
- Marketing space was handed over to public authorities to deliver the public health message to the citizens
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We need you to be part of the conversation – use #RECONNECT to share stories of how your sector, business or experience has been during this time.
TAKE PART TO #RECONNECT
Become a supporting partner now and use the social media badges, cover pictures, videos and other assets to share your stories and back the campaign.